With the first week of January coming to an end, a number of sides have already announced deals to bring in new players. Clubs such as Chelsea and Manchester United continue to be active in the window, looking for valuable additions to their teams.
Some deals have dragged out and become sagas with others just staying as rumours. The Chelsea – Benfica tussle over the transfer of Enzo Fernandez could be put on hold till next summer as Benfica do not want anything less than the $126 million release clause paid. Arsenal’s pursuit of Mykhailo Mudryk is also in danger of completely failing. Shaktar are adamant in demanding $100 million for the Ukrainian.
Struggling Liverpool could be in the market for another defender as Virgil Van Dijk is set for a month out of action due to a hamstring injury.
Let’s take a look at some already completed deals during this winter transfer window.
- Cody Gakpo – PSV Eindhoven to Liverpool – 5 and a half year contract
- Jack Butland – Crystal Palace to Man United – Loan deal till the end of the season
- Benoit Badiashile – Monaco to Chelsea – 7 and a half year contract
- David Datro Fofana – Molde to Chelsea – Unspecified
- Andrey Santos – Vasco Da Gama to Chelsea – 5 and a half year contract
- Daley Blind – Ajax to Bayern Munich – 6 month contract
- Max Wober – Red Bull Salzburg to Leeds United – 4 and a half year contract
- Kevin Schade – SC Freiburg to Brentford – 5 year contract
- Matheu Cunha – Atletico Madrid to Wolves – 4 and a half year contract